The best-written letters are worthless if no one sees them!
Job Letters for a job Seekers Worldwide
Never underestimate the power of correspondence in your job search process
Because there is no single formula or model of job application applicable for all occasions, we describe and provide examples and templates of letters you may use in your international job search:
Experienced job letter's writers follow these basic principles:
- Job letters should be brief, demonstrating that you understand the value of the reader's time.
- Avoid lengthy job letters exceeding 1 page.
- Ensure that you include your contact address, e-mail and phone/fax numbers.
- Place the most important items first, supported by facts.
- In your job letters be positive in tone, content and expectations.
- Do not add to your letters details about yourself or your past experience that may call attention to your weaknesses.
- Use active voice and action verbs in your writing to hold the reader's interest and convey a sense of energy.
- Group similar items together in a paragraph.
- Organize paragraphs so that they relate to each other logically.
- Always back up general statements with facts or examples.
- Documentation creates credibility, reduces uncertainty and abstraction for the reader.
- Avoid jargon and cliches.
- Check the spelling and grammar in all correspondence. If you are not confident of your ability to detect grammatical, punctuation or English usage errors or if you need help in organizing your letters, bring your correspondence to a professional for assistance.
Check the spelling and grammar of your job letters. Use the word processor's spell and grammar checker. If you are not confident of your ability to detect grammatical, punctuation in English or other language usage errors or if you need help in organizing your job letter, send it to a professional for assistance.
Remember that your CV/resume must be targeted, scannable and generate hits. If you have difficulty with your CV writing or resume writing instead of staring at a blank piece of paper, use CV samples, CV templates, resume samples and resume templates or:
- "fill in the blanks" resume writing software.
Most recruiters expect to receive a cover letter together with your resume or CV.
So, prepare a cover letter convincing the reader why you are the best candidate for the interview.
If you have difficulty with your cover letter writing use one of these:
Other Job Letters Info
Now to finalize your job search check visa & work permit requirements. If your cover letter and CV or resume are ready, you may email them through the CV & resume distribution services to employers and job recruiters worldwide. Take a look at dress code and start preparing for a job interview.
Good luck with your job letters!